Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lac Attack: Dementor's Kiss

Moving forward with the Magical Musings Collection...today is Dementor's Kiss.

Dementors are dark creatures in the wizarding world.  Described as being 'the foulest creatures that walk this Earth'.  They are cloaked beings that feed off of humans emotions, causing great despair to anyone around one.  Dementors were first introduced in book three, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and are reoccurring in all books.  Harry is deeply affected by them, more so than the rest of his peers, to the point of passing out.  The theory is because Harry has more troubling things in his past than most.  Dementors are employed by the Ministry of Magic to over see the prisoners at the wizard prison, Azkaban.  However, they eventually turn sides, and not surprisingly.  Dementors have another weapon that is even more terrible, The Dementor's Kiss.  They have hollow mouths that suck out the soul of their choice.  Its one of the worst punishments any criminal could receive.  You become a vegetable after that, your body lives but your soul is completely gone.  There is only one way to defend yourself from a Dementor, by using the Patronus Charm. A spell that channels good thoughts and emotions to materialize an animal (think spirit animals) to defend you.  Chocolate is also a good remedy to lift the spirits after being in the presence of one.

Dementor's Kiss is a glitter topper polish.  It has majority black small glitters with scatters of medium sized hexes.  Its so lovely looking!  Weird to describe something with the name Dementor as lovely, but it is!  I layered one coat over two coats of OPI French Quarter for Your Thoughts.  The glitter distributed nice and even with really no problems.  I did dab in a few extra red hexes here and there, but its kind of the luck of the draw on how many you get on your brush.  I really enjoyed wearing this color combo!  Its so dark and different looking, plus those black glitters are making me swoon!

How do you guys like Dementor's Kiss?  I did a previous manicure featuring Dementors here.  And you can find Lac Attack polishes here.
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. I love Dementor's Kiss. Anything with black and red glitter is a win for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is really pretty! I love your pairing with this too--French Quarter seems to have the teeniest tinge of olive that really bumps up the black and red. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the combo, and it has a nice shine with the Top Coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I really need to get my hands on some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need some chocolate... lol.. French Quarter plus Dementor's Kiss almost has a granite feel... very chic- loving this collection so far, Kelly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE it, and you picked the perfect base.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* this polish is so beautiful. Combined with that base colour it is just perfection. I love love love your polish collection - I am one very jealous woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh my collection is pretty extensive!

      Delete
  8. OMG!!! This is so pretty. Love the color combos and the look of it. I find this mani so classy which makes it perfect for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Not too in your face but still grabs attention!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)