Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lac Attack: Death Day Party

Good Morning.  Its the second day of my Harry Potter event and today I'm showing you Death Day Party.

Death Day parties commemorate the day of death of a ghost- the opposite of birthdays.  Death Day parties were first mentioned in the second book, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  Harry and his two best friends, Ron and Hermione attend one for the Gryffindor ghost, Nearly Headless Nick (his 500th death day).  He 'haunts' the Gryffindor tower but is mostly seen around the castle.  The ghosts at Hogwarts can interact with students.  Nearly Headless Nick is a friendly, but slightly bitter ghost.  His head is not completely cut off, rather just hanging on by an inch of skin.  Hence the name.

As a polish, Death Day Party is amazing!  Its a flakie that shimmers purple, blue, pink and orange.  Its so pretty.  I layered one coat over two coats of Essie Smokin' Hot.  Death Day Party seems to sit is a little bit of a gray base.  I also recommend layering this over a dark color to really get the full effect of the flakie.  Its seriously amazing in the right light.  I'm totally smitten with it.  The formula was flawless with this too, easy coverage and application.  It did dry slightly grainy, so I recommend a thicker top coat.

How do you guys like this one?  I'm happy to see a variety of different kinds of polish in this collection.  Stayed tuned for the rest!  You can find Lac Attack polish here.
-Kelly

6 comments:

  1. I love any gray polish, and throw in some glitter and it's a winner for me! I love this color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shimmers in there are stunning! :-)
    Reading your HP tidbits makes me want to take out my books and re-read them all.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the purple-pink flakies in the sea of gray! Gorgeous! I am with Yun... i think the books are coming off of the shelf...

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)