Friday, January 18, 2013

Lac Attack: Beauxbatons Academy

Hello gals!  Continuing on with Magical Musings, today is Beauxbatons Academy.  This polish really sparked my interest when I first saw pictures of the collection...lets take a look!



Beauxbatons Academy was first introduces in the fourth book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  This book centers around some thing called the "Triwizard Tournament".   Three magical schools have one participant to compete in the tournament.  Beauxbatons Academy is one of the three schools, along with Hogwarts and Durmstrang.  This school is located somewhere in the south of France, like Hogwarts, it is hidden from Muggle eyes. When they first arrive at Hogwarts to participate in the Triwizard Tournament, they came in a giant powder blue carriage being pulled by giant winged horses that were gold in color and had red eyes.  The horses, also, only drank whiskey? Haha!  The school itself is a palace, while the rest of schools are castles.  The students describe it as being very beautiful.  The school is ran by a rather large (half giant?) headmistress.

Beauxbatons Academy polish is simply lovely.  The base is powder blue and it has blue hexes and white square glitters in it.  The really awesome part about this polish is the micro glitters in yellow.  You can see them slightly but they really add something different to the monochromatic blue of the rest of the polish.  I used two coats here since the base is more of a milky base and can be worn alone.  It was easy to apply and smoothed nicely with my top coat.  Overall I'm really loving this one- a favorite!

How do you guys like this one?  For some reason, I see Beauxbatons Academy being a crowd favorite.  You can find Lac Attack polishes here.
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my talons on these on Wednesday! Such beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they really are! Welcome to my blog by the way!

      Delete
  2. Omg soo prettyyy <3 Lovelovelooove milky bases and glitters, and this one looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot get enough of milky bases! They are my all time favorite!

      Delete
  3. you picked it! I am loving this one... its super soft, yet there is so much going on. The yellow really does pop. Very Springy and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh is the perfect word! Thanks elena!

      Delete
  4. Love this one! Those blue glitters are so bright and lovely against the base. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have hardly been online this week so I just caught up on all these Harry Potter polishes you've posted and I'm in love! This one is my favourite so far :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)