Monday, December 31, 2012

Pretty & Polished: Mardi Party

Hey all!  Another Pretty and Polished here.  Mardi Party has been sitting in my drawer waiting to be used patiently.  I layered this over my trusty bottle of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I happen to have just bought a second bottle of this on sale at Ulta.  How awesome is that?  Mardi Party is literally a party in a bottle.  There is every color glitter you can think of.  There's a mix of shard and hexes in this, mostly shards though.  I love this over the lighter gray of My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I imagine if clowns wore nail polish, this is the kind of thing they would wear.  The base in Mardi Party was a little thick, but its manageable.  You also need a thick topcoat with this to keep the shards down.  The edges tend to stick up.

Has anyone else picked this one up?  You can find Pretty & Polished here.  Oh and Happy New Year everyone! Please be safe while celebrating!
-Kelly

12 comments:

  1. This is like a party on your nails! Now I really want this color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It looks like sprinkles on a birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like confetti, sprinkles, and everything that is amazing and fun..lol Love how you paired it with My Boyfriend Scales Walls, it really pops! Very Happy & Healthy 2013, Kelly!!! Can't wait to see the manis we create, or how much we will spend on polish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Elena! My resolution should prolly be to spend less on polish! Haha! Can't wait!

      Delete
  4. What cute nail polish. I wish you a Happy New Year and success with the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You as we'll-I enjoy your blog!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, Kelly--I love this manicure! Mardi Party's been sitting in my untrieds for a while, while I debated what to wear it with. For some reason, I didn't think I'd like it with white, but it's *perfect* here with MBSW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it paired with this-it's not so stark white so it changes it up a bit! You have a good new year too Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)