Friday, December 28, 2012

Illamasqua: Aorta

Morning all!  I've got a nice Illamasqua to show you today.  This one, I thought, was supposed to be part of the Rubber Brights collection.  However, instead of being matte, full on matte, its more of a semi gloss?  What the hell Illamasqua.  I was kind of disappointed.  I own so many reds, I really didn't need another one so similar.  I wanted the matte brightness, that I thought this was.  Its a nice brighter red, its just not what I thought I was getting when I ordered this.  I've seen other swatches of this and they were real matte.  I wonder what happened to mine?  Actually, all of the Rubber Brights that I own, have a rubberized cap.  Aorta, does not.  I wonder if that has something to do with it?  Maybe they changed the formula, and I hadn't heard.  Ugh I don't know, I'm just sad about it.  Anyway, I used two coats and I found the formula slightly runny.  Other than that, its a pretty SEMI GLOSS red.  Sorry, I think I'm a little bitter.  At $14 a bottle, you might be too!  Actually, I got this for $11.  I lied, I'm sorry.  Hahah!  I'm also joking. ( A little.)

Has anyone else gotten this?  Was yours matte?  Tell me.

-Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I think it reminds me of Cinnamon candy hearts... ( didn't I say the last one looked like rain boots? lol) I have been dying to try Kink or Faux Pas, maybe with some Christmas $$$...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah yea they do resemble those! And yes "treat yo self!" Haha

      Delete
  2. Interesting! I like the colour and the semi-rubber finish, but yeah, for the price I'd be a little disappointed too. Elena is totally onto something--I can absolutely see these as those cinnamon candy hearts! Or a spicy candy aorta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah good one! Yea.. The color itself is great dont get me wrong but I thought it would be wayyy more matte.

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)