Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Guest Post Featuring Elena from Ecklipsed by Color

Its time for another Guest post from one of my fellow lovely bloggers!  You'll all remember Elena from the 13 Days of Halloween Challenge.  She did some awesome manicures then, and here's another one!

*Mad For Plaid*
Hello everyone, it’s Elena from Ecklipsed by Color. I am super excited for this opportunity to guest blog for Kelly here at Tuxarina!

My inspiration for my nail art came from the one thing that reminds me of Fall- plaid. As someone who went to private schools, I lived in plaid skirts and knee socks. I always used to have a lot of fun with my nail polish and accessories, since I didn't have much choice in my wardrobe.

I recalled recently, that during high school my best girlfriend and I “frankened” (before it was a “thing”) a whole collection of nail polishes based on the seven deadly sins.

So in the spirit of those days gone by, I present to you some wild nail art. Many polishes were used in the making of this, but none were harmed.

I started with a skittle manicure of the following polishes: Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri in Petal Pusher, Essie’s Turquoise & Caicos, Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow, Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet and Julep’s Drew.
On my middle finger I added stripes in Julep’s Delaunay, on my index Sally Hansen’s DVD, and on my thumb Julep’s Gayle. I then added thinner stripes in Stripe Rite in White and Finger Paints Striper in Ch-art-coal Black.

It was time to get my glitter on after that… I added a skittle glitter coat with the following lacquers: Spy Princess’ Coronation, Spy Princess’ Moneypenny, Nicole by OPI’s Rainbow in the S-Kylie, JENsation’s Happy Birthday, and Wet N Wild’s Party of Five Glitters. I added a top coat of Sephora by OPI’s Matte.
There was a lot of drying time involved and I had to clean my liner and striper brushes multiple times. Overall, I am pretty psyched by how they turned out.

I hope you enjoyed, and once again – a big thanks to Kelly. She has been very supportive of my new blog and I am glad for the chance to return the favor.

(Please note that you are able to purchase Spy Princess Nail Lacquer and JENsations both from Etsy.)
I loveee this manicure.  The plaid is like perfect!  And, I've actually never seen glitter layered over a plaid design.  Its a cute unique touch!  I love Elena's posts, they are always so upbeat with a silly side.  Be sure to check her out over at Ecklipsed By Color.  Thanks again to Elena for helping me out!
-Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again, Kelly! It was a lot of fun. So excited for the challenge to start!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)