Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Glittery Half Moons

Hey girls!  I have a great 'party' look for you guys today.  I keep seeing these gorgeous glitter half moons lately, and I needed to try it out!  I have the best co workers and we had a polish exchange for Christmas, so I decided to go with two of them I had received.  Essie Fiji and Essie Beyond Cozy.  I actually had gotten Essie Fiji for the same girl who got it for me, how weird?!  And Beyond Cozy had been a lemming of mine for a long time.  I started out by using some of my nail stickers I had gotten a while ago.  I used the curved french manicure one.  I just kind of taped off the bottom of the clean nail.  Then I painted with Fiji.  I just painted the one coat, removed the sticker right away, then went in and did the second coat.  With the first coat being taped off, this gives you the guideline, rather than keeping the sticker on and making a stringy nail polish mess!  Then I took a nail art brush and painted in Beyond Cozy.  Beyond Cozy is a nice saturated champagne/silver glitter.  Its so pretty!  I've been trying to hunt it down, and really haven't thought about picking it up with all my holiday shopping, so I'm glad I got in in the exchange.  Though, I might have dropped some hints.  Haha!

I love this for a girly and classy look.  Its subtle but so glitzy at the same time.  What do you all think?  Oh, and I'm pretty sure I've followed back all of the followers that I could, some of you I can't find your blogs!  So, if you have a blog and follow me, but I'm not following you- email me and I'll fix that!
 -Kelly

5 comments:

  1. This is really amazing! I really think I want to try this out for New Years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I might redo it for New Years too! Maybe with navy instead of pink!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Heather! I totally want to try this look for New Year's!! Lovely choice of polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea it is a great look for the new year!

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love them!! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)