Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 9: Christmas Cookies and Treats

Hey guys, today is day 9 in the challenge and that means cookies!  Being from a traditional Italian family, means tons of cookies and baking.  We make quite a variety.  I had some choices for doing this but it all came down to two different cookies.  I picked pizzelles partly because they are delicious while also being super pretty.  And partly because everyone had eaten all of the other kinds already.  Haha!  We always start the cookie making early partially because of that reason.  If you follow me on Instagram, I posted a picture of some of the process, which includes the refreshing glasses of white wine.  It one of my favorite things that marks the holiday season.

Anyway, on to the nails! This is more an abstract version of pizzelles.  I started with Barielle Aura Angora and then did the design with Julep Blake.  Both polishes were borrowed from my sister, since for some reason, I dont own a super pale yellow? Or do I?  I didn't have time to graze through my stash for it.  It seems hard to believe that I don't own every color imaginable, already.  I love the way these turned out.  I started the design in the middle and worked my way out.  With every layer it looked better and better.  I actually would love to do this again with different colors.  Though these colors have a very vintage look to them, no?

What do you guys think of my cookie nails? Don't forget to look at Elena's Day 9 at Ecklipsed by Color.  Her nails from yesterday blew me away!  Oh yeah, and tomorrow is Snow Globes!
-Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Wow! These turned out so pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZING!!! I have to say these are my favorite so far ( though I have much love for all the others) This totally reminds me of Jenny Pasha at 10 Blank Canvases Matza Nails... the color combo works perfectly and your lace work is super crisp. Come on over and do my nails.. I'll supply the wine! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg such a compliment! I discovered her blog with her matza manicure! Ah! Hahah thanks elena!

      Delete
  3. Yum!! I want to eat your nails-ooo that sounded bad....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove Pizzelle cookies. My Grandmom makes them every year & it's my favorite holiday treat! Now I want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my family, we have a traditional Swiss cookie called Bratzles (at least that's how we spell it!) passed down from my Swiss great great grandparents. They're different from pizelles but since we don't have access to bratzles irons, we just use a pizelle iron. I wasn't going to make them this year, but seeing your post sure made me hungry for them!

    Great job with your manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome! I love family traditions that center around food! :)

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)