Monday, December 17, 2012

12 Days Of Christmas Day 8: Winter Foliage

Hey gals!  And welcome to some newer followers.  I want to apologize to you all, I haven't been following back lately.  I usually like to follow back all the blogs that follow me.  I have been kind of busy, and I'm just managing to even get through the challenge.  I have Friday off, and I plan to check all you guys out ( Oooo La La!) Hahah!  But, hopefully, all goes well!  Anywho, today is Day 8 in the challenge and its time for some winter foliage!  I actually did two designs for this and ended up with a major fail to begin with.  I wasn't about to put that all over the internet, so I did a second one.  I started with a base of Nicole by OPI It's All About the Glam.  I got this on major sale (50% off) at CVS.  So, if you ladies are near one- I would check out their polish selection, some were even 75% off!  Then I free handed some pine trees.  I've seen this design all over Instagram and really wanted to try it out.  There is a really talented lady on Instagram called MrsLochness that I follow, and that's where I first saw these.  Her nails are so pretty!  I used Essie Navigate Her, Pretty Edgy and Going Incognito.  Where I put Going Incognito at, I covered with China Glaze Winter Holly.  This polish is so pretty.  I haven't worn it as a full mani yet, but I definitely intend to.  I wish my first design hadn't gone so awry.  But, that being said, I still really like this.  I like the hint of sparkle here and there and the different colors are pleasing to my eye.  What do you all think?

Don't forget to check out Elena's Winter Foliage today!  You can find here over at Ecklipsed by Color. Tomorrow is Christmas Cookies and Treats and I have a few ideas, I might have to do a mash up!
 -Kelly

6 comments:

  1. I am loving this! It's like a pretty pine tree French Manicure! The greens go beautifully together on this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love all the greens together too

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I just LOVE this!! Such a lovely winter wonderland!! I just love the touch of glitter, it looks like snow falling on the trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That white in the background is perfect for snow color!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)