Friday, December 14, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 7: Gingerbread

Hey guys.  Sooo, today is another one of the days in the challenge that I wasn't really looking forward to.  I don't know why.  I just wasn't as amped for today as the other days.  I did this design based on a Little Debbie snack that I love.  I'm pretty sure you can get them year round, but technically it's a Christmas cookie.  I almost saved it for the Christmas treat day, but I have something else in store for that!  I started with OPI Glizterland as a base then I free handed some gingerbread men in Orly Buried Alive.  I sponged on some OPI Alpine Snow and as a bonus ( the cookie also has sprinkles this time of year)  I topped it off with some China Glaze Glitter All The Way.  For some reason, my white sponging turned all yellow?  Probably because of the darker base, but I've honestly haven't ever had that happen.


What do you guys think of this?  My favorite is my thumb nail.
Be sure to check out Elena's (probably better than mine!) Gingerbreads over at Ecklipsed By Color.
Have a great weekend all, we'll be back on Monday with some Winter Foliage!
 -Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I love it! The base with the men on top - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cute gingerbread men- they totally look warm and fresh baked! Even when you aren't loving it you still turn out a great mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That makes me feel better about them!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)