Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 6: Christmas Trees

Ladies, we are halfway through this challenge and I'm so excited to show you today's design.  I had gotten a few of the Crows Toes polishes from her holiday line.  I ended up getting Making Christmas as a last minute decision and you know how I always end up loving them.  This is no different.  Its literally Christmas in a bottle.  So, I knew I had to work it into the challenge somehow!  I also wanted to give the striping tape Christmas Tree design a try.  I have had many fails with striping tape, so I was a little weary to try again.  However, I had major success with it this time!  I don't think I need to tell you guys how much I love this mani.  Its so pretty and sparkly.  I used a base of Butter London Dodgy Barnett then did a gradient at the base of my nail with Crows Toes Making Christmas.  Making Christmas has green, red, silver, holographic and a few scattered gold glitters in it.  Then I did my Christmas Tree design on my accent nail in OPI Skip the Gift Wrap.  I added a gold dot in China Glaze Ultamate Holiday and some white dots in OPI Alpine Snow.  I love the result and could not be happier.  Dodgy Barnett is a more subtle holo, so it doesn't take away from anything else in the manicure.


What do you guys think?  Did I have too much going on, or does it work cohesively together?
Don't forget to check out Elena's Christmas Trees at Ecklipsed By Color.  Tomorrow is some Gingerbread!
 -Kelly

14 comments:

  1. I think this works, and it is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! It really is like glitter in a bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a crisp job on the tape Christmas tree!!! Awesome! All the details are perfect! I really like the texture of Making Christmas- beautiful indie glitter! How different is CG's Glistening Snow and Butter's Dodgy Barnett? ( Oh yes... asking for the comparison...lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you got it sister! Thank you Elena!

      Delete
  4. I think this mani looks great! Love the tree design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great mani! Your christmas tree came out fantastic! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. That glitter is fantastic! I love it, and your tree worked out great, I love the cute little baubles :p great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, glitter gradients rock the kazbah!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)