Monday, December 10, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 3: Peppermints/Candy Canes

Its day 3 in the challenge, and today was one I was looking forward to!  I did candy stripe nails last Christmas, but I didn't have this blog then.  So, I was pumped to do another version this year.  Today, I'm showing you my Peppermint nails!  I did them using a pinwheel pattern.  This pattern is actually really easy to do, once you get the hang of it.  I started with a base of Julep Kate, a shimmery white.  Then I went in to do the peppermint pattern in Butter London Knees Up.  Knees Up is seriously my favorite red for Christmas time.  Its actually a one coater, too!  I was so excited and pleased with the outcome of these, I posted them early on Instagram.

On another note, I was nominated for another Liebster Award by Tina over at Light of the Moon Nails!  Thank you, Tina!  You can check out my previous post on the Liebster Award here.  And check out Tina's blog at Light of the Moon Nails.



What do you all think?  Be sure to check out my Challenge partner's, Elena's Day 3 nails over at Ecklisped By Color.  And tomorrow is Snowmen!
-Kelly

8 comments:

  1. I am loving this!!! The beautiful shimmer of Kate and Knees Up really make this read just like a peppermint candy! This is an amazing Christmas cocktail party mani, its fun but sexy and modern. I can see this with a fun pair of heels and an LBD... now if someone could pass me a martini??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whooo! Yea Hahaha this cracked me up!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I love the swirl pattern you made. And I'm a big fan of Knees Up this time of the year too! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's literally the perfect Christmas red! I can't get over it!

      Delete
  3. This is like a whirlwind of Christmas!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I just love this! You've inspired me! Don't be surprised if you see me copy-cat this one! :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes go for it! I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)