Friday, December 7, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 2: Santa

Hey all.  Today's challenge is the one I was the least excited for.  There's always one day right?  Haha!  For some reason I could not get inspired.  Needless to say, I didn't keep these nails on very long.  I started with a base of OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons.  On my index finger I did Santa's beard and coat.  I used Butter London Knees Up for the red and Zoya Purity for the white.  I used Cult Nails Nevermore for the buttons on his coat.  On my ring finger, I did his hat in the same red and white.  I used my dotting tools and the polish brush for this design, making it pretty easy to do!  On the rest of my nails, I topped it off with Metametics Blood and Snow.  This is a pretty red and white hex glitter.  It originally had red bar glitters as well, however my bottle curled really bad, and I got it replaced without the bars.  I also used my new bottle of Cult Nails Wicked Fast topcoat for this.  Its a lot thinner than Seche Vite and it streaked my manicure a little.  Granted, I was trying to hurry this one along a bit, so I probably should have waited.  I actually really like it though.  I'm gonna keep using it throughout the challenge, so we will see!   I love the look of the white and red against the putty nude color.  Its different!


What do you guys think?  Be sure to head over to Elena's blog, Ecklipsed by Color to see what she did for Day 2!  Next up is Peppermint/Candy Canes and I'm excited!  I have big plans! Haha, also sorry about the nick on my index finger.
-Kelly


You can find Metametics on Etsy.

12 comments:

  1. You did such a great job! I love this mani~!

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the fact we were on the same page with Santa! lol... I really like Don't Pretzel My Buttons with all the shades of red ( especially the glitter coat) it's a refreshing change from red & green. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! I read yours and thought "I feel you!" I think that blood and snow really pops over that nude I love it!

      Delete
  3. For being "uninspired" these turned out very cute! Been haunting your blog for a bit. I've nominated you for the Liebster award!! Here's the link to read more about it!! http://lightofthemoonnails.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you so much! And thanks for always coming back! I appreciate it so much!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)