Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 10: Snow Globes

Its day 10 in the challenge today, only two more days to go.  I'm sad to see this one ending, I feel like there's so many Christmas themes that it could go on forever.  Today is snow globes.  I started out with China Glaze  Blue Bells Ring.  This is the prettiest blue foil polish.  It separates, though.  I yanked it out of my drawers after it only sitting in there for a few weeks and it was a silver and blue swirl.  A good shaking session fixes it, though so no worries.  I went in with some white acrylic paint to do my design.  Whenever I think snow globes I always picture these gorgeous Winter Wonderland scenes.  I recently got some really pretty wrapping paper from Target with a white out design on it.  It was too pretty not to be done on my nails.  So what a better day to mash the two together than snow globe day?!  I loved the reindeer on my thumb and the baby one on my middle finger.  The white also really pops against the blue foil.  I topped it all off with some Windestine Asbestos, the perfect micro white glitter to do snow globe snow with, no?

I loved the way these turned out.  Blue Bells Ring is another awesome holiday polish by China Glaze from this year.  They can do no wrong with their holiday collections!

Be sure to check out Elena's snow globes over at Ecklipsed by Color.  And tomorrow is the big Christmas Sweater day!
 -Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. You are blowing me away with these challenges!! This is just perfect, I feel like I'm looking into a snowglobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Thanks I was totally going for that!

      Delete
  2. This is so perfect !! I really love the snowglobe look, seriously :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly done! What a gorgeous blue foil! You always continue to amaze, Kelly! Asbestos is so spot on for this manicure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loveeee the blue! And asbestos really topped it off

      Delete
  4. I am so in love with this mani, it's not even funny! I really think I might do this to my nails today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snow globes and this is gorgeous! If I said this already I apologize-but please think about removing the word verification-people hate it and you may get more comments. I won't repeat this next time! HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I removed it! I hate doing them too! Hopefully this makes feedback easier for everyone! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning! I love the different designs you did on each finger and the blue/white color combination is so pretty. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)