Thursday, December 6, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 1: Snowflakes

Its time for the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge!  We are kicking it off with Snowflakes.  I love the variety of snowflake nail art there is out there.  Some people get really creative with it and they look absolutely lovely.  I chose to do a gradient snowfall.  I've seen a lot out these out there, but I really wanted to do my own.  Sorry if its a little redundant and overdone.  But, on the bright side, mine came out really good in my opinion! I started off with a coat of OPI Mani Ways to Help.  This is an extremely shimmery silver/white polish.  Its very different and really pretty on the nail.  Then I gradiented Zoya Purity and Essie Mesmerize.  I actually used white acrylic paint for my snowflakes.  I wanted a more dense and opaque white for them.  I just did some random designs of snowflakes, trying not to make them all look the same.  I added some white dots just to fill in some.  I ended with a coat of Essie Carnival, a holographic silver sparkle.  In some lights, these nails really sparkle!  I love it.  I wasn't exactly happy with how my gradient turned out, but I covered it with snowflakes.  It didn't really make any difference in the end.


What do you guys think? Be sure to check out Elena's Day One rendition too! You can find here over at Ecklipsed by Color.

-Kelly


8 comments:

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)