Friday, November 30, 2012

Illamasqua: Optimist

Another Illamasqua Rubber Finish here!  This had been my lemming, for what seemed like forever.  (It was really like two weeks, I just obsessed for a little.)  If you remember me telling you how badly I wanted Optimist.  I searched high and low.  I even went to eBay.  And I think you know how the nail polish community feels about that place.  I had no luck anywhere.  I had kind of put it off as a lost cause.  Until, one day I just happened to be on my Sephora app for the iPhone and there it was!  I promptly bought that one, along with Aorta.  I wasn't going to let it slip away again.  It was like my Noah to my Allie.  We just needed to be together.  Optimist is a yellow orange color.  It is part of the Rubber Brights collection, so its bright!  And matte.  I love the color.  The formula is a little tricky, you have to be careful to get and even application.  And it stains, horribly!  I was sad about  that part, but I just love the color too much to care.  I used two coats here.

What do you all think of this color, I don't think its one that appeals to everyone.  Its one of those funky colors.
 -Kelly

12 comments:

  1. I actually really love this color, and I love the finish these have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! A slight difference to other matte polishes!

      Delete
  2. I love the finish of it, but the color I'm not sure it's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of rain boots in kind of an awesome way..lol Great texture and nice color. Super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this color!! I wonder what it would look like over a white base coat? I just saw a color similar to this but didn't get it, now that I see this, I'm going back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This orange reminds me of China Glaze Papaya Punch, which is my all time favourite orange but I can't wear it just as it is as it clashes with my skin tone.

    I love these rich, hot orange shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when great colors don't work with skin! It's such a bummer

      Delete
  6. Bummer about the staining, but I really like the combination of colour and finish!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)