Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Guest Post featuring Elizabeth from Did My Nails

Hey guys, here's the first of a few guest posts I have lined up!  As you know, my computer is done and I've been struggling to get posts done.  Some lovely ladies have agreed to do guest post for me, and Elizabeth's is up first.

Hi! My name is Elizabeth, from Did My Nails, and I'm very excited to be pitching in with a guest post here at Tuxarina!

Today's nails have actually been on my to-do list for a while. This past summer, for the 4th of July, I was playing with my dotting tool and stumbled onto a design that, by sheer coincidence, looked a bit like fireworks. They were a lot of fun to do, and I've wanted to have another go at them since with some different colours, so I sat down and redid the same dotted, mosaic design in some neutral and cool-toned, autumn-appropriate shades.




The base colour is Zoya Bevin, a beautifully dusty teal that leans slightly green. On top of that, with a small dotting tool, I just started making little circles, starting at different spots and radiating out until I ran out of room, in OPI Skull & Glossbones (beige-grey), OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window (a pretty olive with a horrible name ;p), and OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys (dark-chocolate brown).



I've had these on for a couple of days now and have really enjoyed them. I even had a guy friend comment on them, which was kind of unusual (my guy friends never seem to notice stuff like nails), and a saleswoman today stopped me in the middle of my question to demand to know where I'd had them done. Kind of funny, since it's just some little dots in a circle, but sometimes simple can be good!

Thanks for looking/reading, and big thanks to Kelly for having me!
I'm slightly obsessed with these.  If you haven't by now, check out Elizabeth's blog over at Did My Nails.  She does some amazing, seriously amazing, nail art.  She is one talented girl.  I give her a huge thanks again for helping me out and contributing such an awesome manicure!
-Kelly 

8 comments:

  1. Elizabeth's nail art is always so amazing! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you like it, Kelly--you are too sweet! Thank you so much for having me and for all the kind words, and big thanks to Julz and Jenn too! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple yet effective, they look good! :D They go from your to-do list to mine, in a sec!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome - and I love how the colors blend in the subtle way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome manicure, elizabeth did a great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ( I think I have tried to post this 3 different times..lol) Amazing job, Elizabeth! The colors are so fresh and your design work is super crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! I really appreciate your blog and wanted to let you know! Click the link for more information: http://shortandsweetintexas.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)