Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Drippy Galaxy Nails

Hey all!  Today, I'm showing you a bit of nail art that I had been itching to try out.  Drippy Galaxy Nails!  I keep seeing them all over the internet, so it was time I did some of my own.  Mine didn't come out perfect though.  I think I needed more drippy space to work with.  But hey, there's always next time!  (And there will  be a next time!)  I started with a nude base of OPI Samoan Sand.  I did the drippy design in Cult Nails Nevermore.  Then I started sponging with some OPI Alpine Snow, and went on sponging from there.  I used Zoya Pippa and Jancyn, Essie Play Date and Butler Please along with Carnival for the glitter at the end.  I added some stars with Alpine Snow.  While I love the look of this, like I said, it doesn't really come off as galaxy.  More of just, really cool sponging drippy nails.  I definitely will try again, because I love the way these look!   Especially with the nude base.

What do you guys think of my drippy galaxies?  Have you all tried this yet?

-Kelly

P.s. How was thanksgiving for everyone? I can now say I'm sort of sick of pumpkin stuff. Haha! Is anyone tackling Black Friday shopping? Me and boyfriend waited for two hours so he could get a PS3 at midnight. It honestly wasn't too bad and we were like third in line. Be safe shoppers!

10 comments:

  1. I love this! It looks amazing! And I'm right there with ya - no more pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I'm totally ready for cinnamon stuff though!

      Delete
  2. Super cool... reminds me of graffiti. Love it paired with the nude base. It's time for pumpkin everything to become mint everything...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh we already started the Mint stuff at work and I'm not ready! Haha..thanks elena!

      Delete
  3. These look so cool! I have been a bit scared to try it because it looks really tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I haven't had time to try these though cuz I'm always intimidated by such "complex" designs hahaha , that nude base is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)