Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sugar Spun Nails

Hey there!   I have a new form of nail art to show you guys.  This is the sugar spun nail art method.  It makes it look like there's icing right on your nails.  Its so cool!  I just got the rest of the Lime Crime nail polish collection, so it seemed like the perfect time to use them.  I've been slightly obsessed with this technique.  I've been googling it for like two weeks.  I was determined to get it good on the first try!  I used a base of Lime Crime Milky Ways, and then I put Once In A Blue Mousse as a gradient on top.  I loved that combination alone, I was almost afraid to add to it!  Oh, but I added!  I then used Parfait Day as my 'sugar spun' on top.  This is a bright pink.  I'm telling you it showed up so bright.


 I did the whole thing with my dotting tool.  First I put my polish in a little dish ( a painting thing I use ) and let it sit for a minute.  I started stirring it gradually and just kept at it until it got stringy.  Sometimes I would put a dot on the side of my cuticle and dragged from there. That worked well enough.  My came out a little thicker, stripe wise.  I tried getting thinner ones, but I think I might need to practice.  I also added a top coat and I wished I hadn't   It made some bubbles show and in some areas, didn't apply.  I rather I would have kept it all bumpy and textured.  I really love this color combination though!  Its a favorite of mine!

Have you guys tried this yet?  I really want to try it some more!
-Kelly

10 comments:

  1. I love the color combo with this! I just am not sure how I feel about the whole sugar spun thing - it looks cool, but I think it would be too thick for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it can get kinda thick..I wanted some more thin strings but I think I need to perfect my technique some more!

      Delete
  2. OMG I love these! The colors you chose are amazing, it looks like Superman ice cream =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah Super man ice cream..I like that!

      Delete
  3. These turned out amazing!! I love the color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These three colors look great together! I love this method! I think it's a neat idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too! It's a cool textured look

      Delete
  5. That's a very sweet combination! ^^
    I just love these colors together! Great job!
    I did not try this Sugar Spun nails, but I will do it for sure!
    =**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should try it it's so fun and different looking!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)