Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dollish Pollish Expecto Patronum + Pretty & Polish Wherever You Go, I Virgo: A Comparison

Whoa hey there long title!  But that's exactly what this post is..a comparison!  Recently one of my new lovely followers asked for the difference between the two.  I gave her a quick roundup off the top of my head, but I still kinda wanted to show the two.  And since you requested it...here they are side by side!

Middle and pinky: Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum has a milky white base with some teal blue glitters in all sizes.   Some of the larger ones have holographic tendencies to them.  This one also has some iridescent flakies in it, that can really only be seen in person.  I have yet to see a swatch get them on camera.  This is two coats shown.


Pointer and ring: Pretty & Polished Wherever You Go, I Virgo is another milky white base but this one has some larger blue hexes.  The blue varies in color.  You also have some silver holographic hexes in there.  This is also two coats.

The differences:  Virgo has more larger hexes than Patronum.  Patronum's color leans way more teal than Virgo's blues.  Each went on great with some awesome formulas.  Virgo requires more thick top coat to smooth over, while Patronum was smooth without one.  I love both of them and I like having both of them.  While they look similar, they are different.  Virgo can be a little more out there with the glitter, while Patronum is more scaled down.

You can see the original post of Wherever You Go, I Virgo here.  And the original Expecto Patronum post here.  They'll give more in depth descriptions!

You can find Pretty & Polished on Etsy.  And Dollish Polish on Big Cartel.
What do you guys think?  Have em both or just one??
-Kelly

12 comments:

  1. I love both of these so much! Definitely need them both, they're unique enough that it's needed! Great comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did a Comparison of Indie Polishes! Sometimes I see some that looks so similar, but you never know. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous, great comparison! I love them both, but Expecto Patronum will always be my #1 =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its my number 1 too.. Harry Potter...I cant.

      Delete
  4. I love them both! I just bought a mini of Virgo! Can't wait to try it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yay! Thanks for doing the comparison post for me! :D ... of course, being the impatient addict that I am, I already went and ordered Virgo! Oops! :P LOL! But I'm totally stoked seeing your pics! I'm sure I'll love having both. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never a problem! Ill always take requests! Haha at least now you know they are different enough to have both!

      Delete
  6. I want both but it seems Expecto Patronum has been sold out for a long time, and I'm way too impatient to wait, so I went ahead and ordered Virgo. I actually am a Virgo, so it kinda makes sense anyway!

    I probably won't get both, as they are so similar, and I don't really have the funds to justify buying two polishes that look so much alike! If only! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virgo is awesome though! I think Overall Beauty just started selling Patronum as one of their Dollish Polish colors..but its all sold out! Its a bummer.

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)