Thursday, October 25, 2012

13 Days of Halloween Day 9: Blood

Hey guys.  Moving on with the challenge, its the Blood day.  Being a big fan of all things vampires and Dexter, I had quite the options for this day.  Butttt, I saw a design a while ago from Glamour magazine on Instagram with a nude nail and dark red drips.  Then The Nailasaurus did the exact same thing, and I knew I had to try it!  I used a sheer nude base, OPI Samoan Sand and a darker red, Butter London Saucy Jack and went to town.  My drippy manicures have really improved and I always like how they turn out now.  Sorry, I'm tooting my own horn over here.  I used to do drippys with a dotting tool, but now I use a nail art brush and I love it way more.  The look is much more defined that way.   On my accent nail, I used another Halloween polish from Pretty & Polished, Blood Clot.  Blood Clot is a red jelly polishes with large and medium red hexes.  The larger ones stuck out a bit, so I recommend a good top coat.  It reminds me of hemoglobin molecules in plasma hah!  Bio nerd over here. But I love these nails so much!  They are perfect for some Halloween nail art!

Be sure to check out the other ladies' and their day 9's!
Heather at Peace, Love & Polish
Jennifer at Little J's Nail Corner
Elena at Ecklipsed by Color
They are doing so awesome at this!  Ill have plenty of ideas for next year.  You can find Pretty & Polished on Etsy
-Kelly

9 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! Your blood drips came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go right ahead and toot that horn--these look amazing! Totally fun and totally gorgeous too. Samoan Sand is such a fabulous nude for you, your blood drips came out so well, and Blood Clot is just the perfect accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! Great work :) as always your nail art is a cut above, a perfectly gory mani :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Samoan sand totally blends with your skin tone, which ups the gore factor- very cool. The blood drips are amazingly clean- fabulous job!! ( need I even mention that you used Blood Clot- always on point with colors and color names!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)