Wednesday, October 24, 2012

13 Days of Halloween Day 8: Vampires

Good morning ladies!  Its my favorite Halloween monsters today.  Vampires, o la la!  Haha.  I'm a sucker for the True Blood books (The Sookie Stackhouse Novels), along with the show.  I missed out on the last season because of school, but hopefully now that I've slowed down a little, I can catch up.  Though, the show has taken a drastic turn from the books, which I'm not loving.  The books are so much better, as always!  I had been itching to do some fang nail art, so I'm glad I could squeeze it in here.  The red I used here is OPI Vodka & Caviar, the black is Cult Nails Nevermore and the glitter is Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers.  Ruby Red Slippers is so vampy and awesome, I had to put it in here!  It was my first Deborah Lippmann and it made me fall in love with the brand, so it holds a special place in my helmer.  Haha!  I actually used white acrylic paint for the fangs.  I had the dark background, so I didn't think my polish would get opaque enough.  I don't usually use acrylic paint for nail art, but it definitely helped in this situation. I might have to use if for the skeleton day, too!  I love the way this turned out.  Its a tad edgy, compared to what Ive been doing lately.  And I like it!  What do you all think?  The blood drips too worn out as far as vampires go?

Be sure to check out the other ladies' nails!
Heather at Peace, Love & Polish
Jennifer at Little J's Nail Corner
Elena at Ecklipsed by Color

Tomorrow follows up with some BLOOOODD! Haha :)
-Kelly

11 comments:

  1. I love the True Blood show & books too, and his is so fabulously awesome! I love the mix of designs, and the DL makes a great, sparkly accent. Seriously great job with the fangs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love edgy nails- why not push the envelope?! I think the combo of the graphicness of the fangs and the almost gelatinous look of the blood is fabulous. I love when hard meets soft like that. Stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, the blood drips are a classic! I love the way it turned out - a super fun, edgy mani to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This manicure rocks! I love everything. The glitter, the blood, the vampire teeth! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)