Monday, October 22, 2012

13 Days of Halloween Day 6: Spiders/Webs

Happy Monday guys!  I have day 6 of the Halloween challenge for you all.  This day is for spiders and some webs!  I was kinda lost on what I wanted to do for this.  I wanted to maybe try my hand at stamping some more, but I've been wanting to get better at my free hand nail art, so decided against it.  I googled some other nail art to get some ideas flowing.  I decided to just do my own thing and go with the flow.  I used Zoya Dove, a perfect medium gray cream polish, for my base.  Then, I took OPI Alpine Snow and went in with my nail art brushes to do the spider web designs.  It was fairly easy to do!  I just made three lines extending outward and filled in some curved lines to make the webbing.  I wanted each nail to be different, so I put the webs in different spots.  I did a full web for my accent finger.  I did this by making a cross and then an X and filled in with curved lines, again.  I added the spider last in Cult Nails Nevermore.  I also free handed this and Im really happy with how it came out!  I love the webs and how they are each different.  This is gonna be one of my favorites from the challenge I have a feeling!  What do you guys think?


Check the other bloggers for their rendition of day 6!
Heather at Peace, Love & Polish
Jennifer at Little J's Nail Corner
Elena at Ecklipsed by Color
Tomorrow is Frankenstines! I'm excited.
-Kelly

10 comments:

  1. I love the spider webs! Going with the grey background was a great choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dove and Alpine Snow look super stunning together. Your freehand spider knocks it out of the park- it is so delicate. Great brush control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena! I'm really loving dove lately

      Delete
  3. Oh Kelly this is so cute! And the design matches your blog! The freehand spider was fantastic - a great little mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it does I didn't even notice thanks julz!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)