Friday, October 19, 2012

13 Days of Halloween Day 5: Bats

Happy Friday all!  Its almost the halfway point in the challenge.  I'm super excited to show you my bats today!  I had tried my hand at stamping a while back, and sucked at it.  Its hard!  But recently, I got some stamping polishes and wanted to give them a try.  This seemed the perfect time to put them to use.  I painted my nails white with OPI Alpine Snow and then gradiented with OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts and Cult Nails Nevermore.  Then I stamped on the bat design.  A few didn't come out so hot, but I just filled them in.  No big deal!  Lastly, I added the creepy house.  I had to fill in with that a bit too.  My stamping has definitely improved, but its not perfect yet.  I love how this ended up!  Better than yesterday's design!  The gray almost looks smokey.  Very cool, I think!  How do you all think this ended up?  I'm totally happy with it.

Check out the other girl's bats!
Heather at Peace, Love & Polish
Jennifer at Little J;s Nail Corner
Elena at Ecklipsed By Color
They've all been rocking this challenge, I cant wait to see what else they come up with!
-Kelly

15 comments:

  1. I love the gradient, it's so dirty and so creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally going for that! Makes me think of a scary movie.

      Delete
  2. Awesome gradient! I feel like your nails could be a scene from a spooky movie. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that little castle is awesome! :D so scary feeling haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another awesome atmospheric nail! I especially love the beige color ( is that French Quarter?) Also, great depth with the different sized bats and the addition of the haunted house- really sets the scene. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thats French Quarter..and I just love your comments! You make my nails sound so cool!

      Delete
    2. Just blame it on all of those art school painting class critiques! Also, your nails are cool!

      Delete
  5. I love the colours you used for the gradient, they're just so spooky and it reminds me of a post-apocolyptic landscape! Great mani Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julz! I like that- a post-apocolyptic!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)