Thursday, October 18, 2012

13 Days of Halloween Day 4: Witches

Hey guys!  So, its day 4 in the challenge and today its witches!  I'm not exactly thrilled about this design.  I felt it could have gone better.  In fact as soon as I was done taking the photos, I took it off.  I just wasn't into it.  Though, I promise tomorrows bats will be so cool!  Haha!  I started with OPI Funky Dunky.  Then I added some Pretty & Polished Witchy Woman to my thumb, middle and pinky finger.  Witchy Women is a purple shimmer with green, black and purple glitters.  There's some larger magenta shards in there as well.  Its very pretty!  On my pointer finger, I did a silhouette of my favorite witch Elphaba.  Shes the green witch from Wicked, or some may know her as the Wicked Witch from Dorothy.  I used Essie Pretty Edgy and Cult Nails Nevermore for her.  On my accent nail, I did a cauldron with some smoke in OPI French Quarter For You Thoughts and some Lynnderella Cauldron Drippings.  Like I said, I'm not that happy with this.  It could have been so much better.  But O well.  Another one bites the dust, I guess!

Check out the other ladies day 4!
Heather at Peace, Love & Polish
Jennifer at Little J's Nail Corner
Elena at Ecklipsed By Color

What do you guys think?  Not my best work. lol But tomorrow is a new day and a better nail!
 -Kelly

14 comments:

  1. I love how you did the sillouette of the witch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nails! I was thinking about doing a witch cauldron too, but I didn't. Funky Dunky looks like the perfect purple polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is..I searched high and low for the perfect one haha!

      Delete
  3. I love the witch peeking out of the side - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! I love the witch on your pointer, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are waaaay too harsh on yourself. I think the witch and cauldron came out great! Also, how cool is it that you used Cauldron Drippings and Witchy Woman?!?! ( even the polish names match!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have all these Halloween polishes that I just had to incorporate into my manis! But thanks!

      Delete
  6. Oh no I really love it! I love that the witch is sort of peeking around the edge of your nail - and the cauldron is awesome! I think they look great! Hahaha :D Here's to bats tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! And yes my bats are so much better!

      Delete
  7. These are awesome!! I love that you did something original and mixed in some pretty glitter!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)