Tuesday, October 16, 2012

13 Days of Halloween Day 2: Ghosts

Hey guys!  The second day of the 13 Days of Halloween Challenge is ghosts!  I wanted to try something a little different from your average ghost.  I decided to do a more Dementor ghost creature.  If you dont follow Harry Potter at all, you wont know what I'm talking about haha!  Dementors are scary, ghost-like creatures that suck your soul out via The Dementors Kiss.  Your body lives but your a vegetable.  Terrifying.  The only  protection against them is a true Patronus.  But we've already covered Patronus Charms!  Haha!!  I started with a base of Zoya Dove, a really nice gray.  The formula was a little runny but opaque.  I used just one coat.  Then I wanted a stormy sky effect, so I sponged on some dark clouds with Zoya Natty.  I added just a little Essie Stylenomics to the middles.  I painted the ghosts/dementors with OPI Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine!  Which was the perfect color for them.  Then I just accented with some OPI French Quarter For You Thoughts.  They aren't perfect dementors, but certainly out of the box as far as ghosts go! What do you guys think of it?  Be sure to check out the other girls doing the challenge with me!
Heather from Peace, Love & Polish
Jennifer from Little J's Nail Corner
Elena from Ecklipsed by Color




Tomorrow is Cats!  That should be fun!
-Kelly

10 comments:

  1. This looks so awesome! I love the different take on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the ghosts!! They certainly look terrifying to me! Awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design... the texture is super atmospheric- I love it! ( OMG have you seen the new Takko collection- my wallet's taking a hit on Friday)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes! Mine will be too :(

      Delete
  4. I love it! Sufficiently spooky for Halloween! I love the texture of your background :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)