Tuesday, October 30, 2012

13 Days of Halloween Day 12: Skeleton

Its day 12!  I feel like we flew with this challenge!  Well, today is skeletons and I wanted to do something to make up for my boring full moon.  I used Cult Nails Nevermore for my base (yes, again!).  On my accent finger, I did a skull.  I used white acrylic paint for this again, its much easier to use over black and easier to control.  I did the shape of the skull, then went back in with Nevermore for the details.  It bled a little when I put my topcoat on, but nothing too horrible.  On my thumb, I did bones.  I love how this looks!  The acrylic paint allowed it to look more crisp.  A bunch of people asked me what decal I was wearing, too.  Haha I was like 'Oh none!!'...sorry tooting my own horn again, I just really love them.  On the rest of my fingers (Elena, you'll like this!) I used Pretty & Polishes Them Bones.  Certainly keeping up with the themes!  This is another polish from her Halloween Collection, and I really like it!  Its supposed to be a black jelly, though I layered it on top of Nevermore.  It has almost silver, but really they are white, looking glitters in hex, shard and bar.  Its so cool, and it applied nicely.  I'm really loving the mash up of this.  What do you guys think of it?

Be sure to check out the other ladies skeletons!
Heather at Peace, Love & Polish
Jennifer at Little J's Nail Corner
Elena at Ecklipsed by Color
You can find Pretty & Polished on Etsy.  Tomorrow is the last day!
 -Kelly

8 comments:

  1. I failed the comment key thing 8 times. That's a new record for me, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I always have to refresh them!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love all those tiny little bones! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it so I don't have to... but still- love it! I am adoring the combo of the big skull and polka-dot bone effect. You did such a slick job on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR THUMB! So darn cute! You hand painted those bones?! Amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! They look so cool! I love it! You have great sense of creativity. I wish I can do that too..

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)