Monday, October 15, 2012

13 Days of Halloween Day 1: Pumpkins

Its finally time!!  The 13 Days of Halloween Challenge is upon us.  Day 1 is pumpkins and I'm already failing. Haha!  I did one design with Jack-O-Lanterns and they were kinda cute, but not what I wanted.  So I went back to the drawing board and came up with this!  I started with a base of OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons and then I marked off with some french manicure guides for a half moon.  I used Zoya Jancyn for the orange in my pumpkins.  They didn't come out as perfect half moons, but I prefer that!  All pumpkins are misshapen and such, so I think it goes.  I went in a painted some stems in Essie Pretty Edgy green.  I also put in some curly stems on my thumb and ring finger for a little accent.  I finished up by adding some detail on the pumpkins in Essie A Crewed Interest.  I ended up really loving this even though its not very Halloween-y.  I like how they are subtle.  The colors went well together, but Jancyn had stained my cuticles from my previous paint job.  O well!





What do you guys think?  Be sure to check out the other bloggers: I believe these three are also participating, Jennifer from Little J's Nail Corner, Heather from Peace, Love & Polish and a new blogger Elena ( be sure to welcome her to blogging! :) )   And stay tuned for tomorrow's ghosts!
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. So cute! Your pumpkins look amazing! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute job Kelly!! I love your little pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer I really loved your hex designs! So cute

      Delete
  3. I love this! It looks great against the neutral background & the curly stems give it so much character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job, Kelly! I love the nude combined with the vibrant orange- really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Super cute pumpkins and I want to paint them on my nails! I love the curly vine too, it really finishes it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Hahaha little half moons <3

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)