Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pretty and Polished: Sand Art


Hey guys!  This is a polish I've had for a while.  Every time I would go to paint my nails, I would pick this one pick up, but decide against it.  Its so different and packed with color, I wasn't sure how to use it!  I kept seeing people do some gradients with neon micro glitter polishes, that I went with that.  I used OPI's Mod About You and Siberian Nights for my gradient colors and then added a coat of Sand Art.  This polish is so cool.  It has neon blue and green matte micro glitters along with some matte pink and purple micro glitters. There's also some medium blue matte glitters as well. The bottle is so densely packed that one coat gave me a lot of coverage.  I used a coat of Seche Vite and its just a tad grainy.  So, I would use a thicker coat next time!  My gradient went much better this time along, too.  I used less polish on my sponge and that allowed for more control.  I was also able to use just one coat of Mod About You, which is awesome.  What do you all think?  I was hoping that the color of my gradient would show up the colors in Sand Art enough.  The look makes me think of sprinkles.

As always you all can find Pretty and Polished on her Etsy Shop.
-Kelly

14 comments:

  1. :O This is amazing! Your gradient is so good! Love the sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been really working on it! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeousss! This kind of reminds me of Vegas Sands hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yea it is similar but Moar colors! Hahah

      Delete
  3. This looks so great! I'm a new follower and I absolutely love your nails... you have got some talent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you thank you! That made me smile today! :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a perfect manicure- honestly, I love a good gradient, and this is very, VERY good. *sigh* Dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you sooo much! You guys are making me so happy today! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, I love this! Usually i see Sand Art over greens or blues, but never over a color scheme like this! Oh and I am so READY for PnP's restock tomorrow! I've got a big wishlist I need to fulfill thanks to your blog! =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! Is it sick that I am so ready too? Like I don't have enough! Lol thanks!

      Delete
  6. I have never wanted Sand Art until this very moment. The gradient you did with this is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah that happens to me all the time! Thanks :)

      Delete
  7. This is so gorgeous! Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)