Friday, September 7, 2012

Nicole by OPI: For Gold Times Sake


Hello all! Today I have a Nicole by OPI swatch.  This is my first try with the brand.  I don't know why I haven't ever tried them before.  They recently have come out with some unique looking polishes and I picked up For Gold Times Sake.  This is a Target exclusive, so that's where you'll find it.  This polish is really something though.  Its a darker gold with some pink/ mauve, and bluish shimmers in it.  I was checking out at Target and the girl checking me out look at it and said "This is pretty!" then after she swiped it, she looked at it closer and was like "This is really pretty!" haha!  I used two coats and had really, no problems with the formula at all.  It can get sheer in some areas with one coat, but the second coat evens it.  I loved looking at this color in the sun.  This reminds me of the gold version of Zoya FeiFei, but mine hasn't come in the mail yet for a comparison.  Ill let you guys know! Haha.  It smoothed out nice with a top coat.  I have to say, I'm impressed with the brand.  I might have to get more!




Oh, also I have some tip wear, but I'm accounting that to being in the deli at work all night.  Not the polish!
What do you guys think?  Have you tried this or any other polishes from the brand?  I'm kinda turned off by the bottle shape, to be honest.

-Kelly

8 comments:

  1. I don't like the bottle shapes either, but this is gorgeous! I love the shimmer and the color! My Target stinks, they never get any good polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea our target can get sketchy but I randomly saw this so I snagged it up!

      Delete
  2. Ooo! Such rich and deep shimmer! Love this <3 My target only has the Kardashian's collection.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man my target had those but they are pretty picked over now!

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I know what you mean about the bottle shape though, a lot of people feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it's so pretty! And ya I've heard quite a few people say they don't like the shape

      Delete
  4. Hate the bottle shape, but LOVE this colour. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)