Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nail Art Contest Entry: Chalkboard Nails Cool Colors

So, if you follow Chalkboard Nails, you know shes holding another nail art contest!  This one had a theme of either cool or warm colors.  There werent that many guidelines, mainly just stay within your color choice.  I chose cool colors.  I tend to gravitate towards cool colors more anyway, so it was an easy choice for me.  I thought for about a week about what I wanted to do.  I always like nail art thats modeled after nature.  Based on that, I did some ivy work!  I went with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls for my base and gradiented OPI Stranger Tides over it.  Both are beautiful colors, but I loved the mossy green of Stranger Tides. Then I took Essie Going Incognito and went to work with my nail art brushes on the ivy.  It wasnt too hard, I tried to twist it around so that most of the nail was covered.  I also added some triangular shaped leaves here and there.  When I finished with that, I put in some flowers with Essie Play Date to add color.  The purple allowed me to stay within the cool family, but also add a little pop in there.  I loved the outcome! I was glad that I was able to take what was in my head and put it on the nail so closely.

What do you all think!?  Wish me luck!

-Kelly

14 comments:

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)