Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lace Print Nails + A How To

Hey guys!  I was pondering on what I wanted to do with my nails last night and going through my collected pictures of nail art when I came across some lace print.  Perfect!  I had been aching for some nail art but not something that would take me hours to do.  Lace print seemed like it fit the bill.  I posted these on  Instagram, along with a step by step!  So let me break it down for you!


1. Start with your base coat.  I used two coats of OPI Alpine Snow
2. Go in with your lace color, mine was Essie Lacquered Up.  Make a V shape on your nail.  You can just use the bottle brush for this.  It doesn't need perfect edges or anything, you'll cover them up!
3. Take a larger sized dotting tool and go along the edge of your V.  Make as many as you'd like.  More scalloped, add smaller dots.  Less scalloped, make larger dots.
4.  Once those dry, take a smaller dotting tool ( Remember:  The smaller the tool the more control you have!  And the more room to mess up!)  go in with the color you used for the base.  Make smaller dots right on top of where you have your previous dots.



And voila!  You have lace print nails!  I really liked making the step by step.  I just used my phone so sorry the quality isn't perfect.  But hey, it was something new!

What do you all think of this?  Should I just stick to swatching or would you like more step by steps?
-Kelly

14 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Love them! I like the step-by-step too, even though I'm tragically bad at nail art I love to see how the look is created :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love this design! The color combos could be endless.

      Delete
  2. Lace Nails are something I have yet to do - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!! I love this and thanks for the tutorial! I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, definitely love the tutorial steps as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I can't wait to try them :) Thanks for the step-by-step, I'd definitely be interested in seeing more of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay me too, I keep thinking of more colors!

      Delete
  6. These are so cool!!! I love seeing tutorials, I wouldn't mind if you did more =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is SOOO cute, i totally pinned this to try later!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)