Friday, September 21, 2012

Dollish Polish: Expecto Patronum

Morning guys.  I'm pumped to show you all this today!  Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum.  If your not into Harry Potter, your probably confused.  Expecto Patronum is the Patronus Charm that protects the witch/ wizard from Dementors.  Still confused?  Haha, you better just read the books.  Seriously, do it.  Back to the polish... Expecto Patronum is hands down my favorite polish.  Its the milky white polish ( I think you all know how I love those) , its has flakies in it, blue/teal glitters and its named after Harry Potter.  I cant.  I'm slightly sad that my photos wont show the flakies.  But in person you can see them in lighted areas.  They are hidden...part of the magic.  Haha, sorry! I've actually been waiting to use this.  I had it in my drawer over the summer and I hadn't used it at all.  How horrible.  But a few weeks ago I went to put it on and it was a bit of a mess.  The blue hexes had stuck to the sides of the bottle and it had gotten quite thick.  Depressing.  So I decided to give it  little TLC.   I added a few drops of thinner for a couple of days and let it sit upside down. I also added an extra mixing ball to help out the process and it was good as new!  This is two coats.  The glitters in this are really pretty.  There's all different sizes of blue/teal glitters.  I had some trouble getting the slightly larger hexes on the nail but I would give it a little shake and one would come.

Overall, I'm in love.  Its my favorite, so obviously.  What do you guys think?
I got my bottle back when Dollish Polish was still on Etsy.  You can find Dollish Polish in a few places:
Llarowe
Overall Beauty
Dollish Polish Big Cartel


-Kelly

18 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE this!! This is probably one of my favorite indie polishes of all time and you wear it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with this. I love white polishes with subtle glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My absolute favorite Dollish Polish! It looks amazing on you and I never thought of adding extra mixing balls to a polish! That is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had some extra laying around. It really helped.

      Delete
  4. Oooo! I love this polish <333 It looks so nice on you too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this SO much! Its name alone makes it pretty much perfect, but combine that with the milky white and glitter and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have got to try this! Looks so shimmering pretty! Thank you for sharing!

    You have a nice nail polish blog and I'm your new follower via gfc :)

    Yours Truly,
    aubzie
    hope you can follow me at Aubzielation and Party Prints & Pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you thank you for following and welcome! I'll definitely check your blogs out! :)

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love this polish! One of my favs. Mine was quite thick, too, but I haven't added thinner to it (probably will need to next time I use it!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I don't know why it was so bad! Luckily I was able to fix it

      Delete
  8. Ohmygosh! I can't believe I JUST found your blog! Totally following you! :) I got here Googling P&P's Wherever you go, I Virgo. So, question: How does Expecto compare to Virgo? I'm kinda loving Virgo. Do I need both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny you brought that up, I had been on my Facebook the other day and I noticed just then how similar they were. Virgo has some silver holographic hexes in it that Expecto does not. But Expecto has some iridescent flakies in it, that Virgo lacks. I can do a comparison post to really show you side by side if you'd like? I honestly dont think you need both- they are just that similar. And thanks for following!! :))

      Delete
    2. OoOooOo! Comparison post? Yes, please! :D

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)