Thursday, September 27, 2012

All That Glitters: Hole Hearted + Hole Hearted Remix

Hey guys!  Today, I have two polishes to show you all.  All That Glitters Hole Hearted and Hole Hearted Remix.  I decided to combine these into one monochromatic manicure.  I used a base of OPI French Quarter for Your Thoughts on my thumb and ring finger with Hole Hearted Remix on top.  And on the rest of my fingers, I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls with Hole Hearted on top.  Hole Hearted is black hexes with white heart glitters (all matte).  While Hole Hearted Remix is white hexes with black hearts, all matte again.  I had some serious application issues with these.  They sit in a very thick suspension base and that's the trouble.  It was very thick to apply and while theres a lot of glitter in the bottle, the base makes it hard to get on the nail smoothly.  I tried doing the 'dabbing' method with it and it helped a little until the base mixed with the OPI underneath and colored some of the glitters.  I was slightly aggravated because I really love the glitter mix and the colors.  The final result is really cool looking too, except for my bubbles.  I loved how the black hexes looked over My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I just used one coat of each glitter, too.  I would also say that Remix was worse with bubbling than Hole Hearted.  I recommend using the whole "put a little on a plate or other surface and dab" method with these.  That was you can eliminate that thick base.

You can see the bubbles are really bad here. 
You can find All That Glitter on Etsy.
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. I love black and white glitter, this looks great! It's too bad the formula was so thick though, I hate it when a pretty polish is a pain to apply :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. B&W glitter is so popular right now! These look so great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have so many black and white glitters now its not even funny!

      Delete
  3. I love the look of these, especially with the bases colors you chose! That is a real bummer about the formula though, I hate when they don't think the bases at all and they are too thick =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too..I really loved the look of them against the bases..the formula won't stop me from trying it again though..I love them that much!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE black and white glitters - they're so fun to play around with and go with almost any color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black and white glitters are so fun to use! I'll never get tired of all the different ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea.. the bubbling is not so hot ): But love these glitters <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh em gee! Cutest hex glitters out! I may have to get my HANDS on some of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mixture of black and white glitters! So striking. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)