Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Perfect Off-White Comparison


Good Morning!  So, if you saw my Illamasqua Load post, you'll know that I was on the hunt for the perfect off white polish.  I have literally been searching for about a year.  I believe, that I have finally, found that polish!  Hahah!  I now own about a million off white polishes that aren't the right shade, but hey, trial and error.  Today, I'm gonna compare a few of them for you all!  I have Illamasqua Load, Orly Decades of Dysfunction and Lime Crime Milky Ways.  All of them are two coats each, with top coat.
Left to Right: Illamasqua Load, Lime Crime Milky Ways, Orly DOD, Lime Crime Milky Ways
Illamasqua Load:  This polish is a little thin.  It can be streaky on the first coat, and...its more yellow.  Its a nice color if your searching for a really pale yellow.  Its a cream polish that applies smooth, despite being thin.  I love this color, however not quite what I had been looking for.

Orly Decades of Dysfunstion:  This is an off white polish that has almost a lavender lean to it.  I love it and use it a lot for nail art bases.  Its formula is good, a little thick on the second coat.  You might be able to get away with one coat of this if your careful.  This is a nice neutral color, yet again, not what I was looking for.

Lime Crime Milky Ways:  This is my off white. I have found my very own Holy Grail of nail polish.  Haha!  This is a newer polish, as Lime Crime has just ventured into the nail polish world.  However, its an awesome formula.  Its a creme polish that goes on really smooth.  I was quite impressed with it.  (As you can imagine) This one is the closest to the off white shade I was looking for.  It doesn't lean to a certain color, like Load or DOD.  I'm quite excited to finally have it!  And check out this awesome packaging.  I'm a sucker for cute shit, and this is some cute shit! Haha!

I hope you all enjoyed this post, it was a little different and somewhat of a venture for me!  Let me know what you think!
-Kelly


10 comments:

  1. Ooh I love Milky Ways, it really is the perfect off-white, it looks great on you! And that packaging is definitely some cute shit, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah isnt it!? Im not even ashamed to say that they sit in my helmer still in their boxes! Thanks

      Delete
  2. Without even reading your post I was already drawn to Milky Ways. Like you said it doesn't lean towards any other color. It's just off white! The packaging is cute shit! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its really nice. My sister used it the other day with some red polka dots and it was so cute. Haha I love those boxes!

      Delete
  3. Looove Load still xD Haven't tried Milky Ways though, you're making me want to get it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah hey it is half the price of Load- so overall the better choice!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, but I've been pretty iffy about Limecrime... Seems like a lot of people are loving the nail polishes!
      Oh and, I just nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, details on my blog <3

      Delete
    3. Oh yay! I'll look at it today! Jen had nominated me for that as well! You guys are awesome!

      Delete
  4. You are actually totally right about Lime Crime! It's perfect!!! Now you make me want to run out and buy it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's an awesome color! I also got pistachio from them and it's great too!

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)