Friday, August 31, 2012

Random Nail with New Stickers

Hey guys.  Today I have a random mani that I did the other night.  I saw some awesome nail art stickers on The Dainty Squid.  They are more like nail art guides, kind of like the french tip guides, except with way more awesome shapes!  I used the lightening bolt looking one for these.  The base is a polish from the new OPI Germany Collection, Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine!  Haha, a mouthful! This polish is a darker gray with a heavy green lean to it.  Ive seen other swatches on people that look more green than others.  I guess it depends on your skin color.  On me, in some lights it was a darker gray while in others, it was a deep green.  For the tips, I used OPI Just Spotted The Lizard.  This is the Chanel Peridot dupe.  Its a gold/green duochrome.  Both went on very smooth.  I rarely have formula problems with OPIs, so that's not a surprise.  I used two coats of Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! and one of Just Spotted The Lizard.  I really liked the color combination on these and my new stickers worked like a charm!  The trick with nail stickers is to not get paint on them and take them off right away.  I learned this through some trial and error.  But, that method works best for me.  I'm excited to try out some easy designs with my new ones.  I already have like 50 in mind!

Did you all pick up any of the new Germany Collection?  I got two others and I really like them!  I got my nail guides from eBay here.  The come from Britain, but honestly, I ordered them Tuesday and got them Saturday, not bad!

-Kelly

6 comments:

  1. I just picked up Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! yesterday, I'm so excited to try it! I'm loving the design from the nail stickers, it looks awesome! Kind of remind me of Harry Potter's lightning scar :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah it does! I totally thought that when I got them in the mail. Im like "sweet lightening bolt ones- harry potter nails!". Oh the possibilities...

      Delete
  2. Nein on me is not very green either. It's such a great grey. I totally love it and the stickers you are mentioned sound interesting! I have to look them up now cause your nails looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are seriously awesome so many different shapes for only like 8 bucks? I used to get the orly French tip guides and they were way more than that for way less!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this! Nein Nein Nein looks amazing with Just Spotted the Lizard! A fantastic combo. And I am FOR SURE going to have to check out these stickers, they sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)