Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Illamasqua: Load

Hey guys, just a simple swatch today!  Illamasqua's Load is a polish that has a raunchy name but really is a different color.  I was on the hunt for the perfect off white.  Not gray, not white, not pale yellow, not pale brown.  Eggshell, if you will.  Haha.  It was a search, believe me.  For some reason, no company made the certain off white shade that I was looking for.  I even resorted to frankening, which turned out to be a mess and a ruined bottle of white nail polish.  I was beginning to lose hope, until I saw Load.  I guess the name itself has been a little controversial.  I mean, lets be honest, its gross.  No one wants someone to ask what color your wearing and say "Load" and have them look at the color and literally watch the wheels turn in their head as they figure out the reference.  Haha!  A few raunchy old men come into my work ( they really are some fun guys, we all mess around and have a good time, and they only mean to make us laugh...well some.)  and they laughed pretty hard at this one.  They all know me so well that they ask to see my nails when they come in.  How funny is that?  But the color is cool.  Its an off white that leans a little yellow.  It might be a little more yellow than the shade I pictured in my head, but its the closest I'm gonna get for now.  Actually, I saw some swatches of the new Lime Crime polishes, and Milky Way seemed darn close too.  Obviously, I ordered that.  Would you all be interested in seeing some comparisons?


Load is a cream polish. I found this to be a little runny around the cuticles.  Its also a tad sheer, but I used two coats and it was opaque enough.  Despite all of this, the color went on smooth without streaks.  I think this color would be awesome for a base for some nail art. For something different, I matted it with a coat of Essie Matte About You.  I really like the effect.  Simple yet different.

Illamasqua can be found at Sephora.   Its a little pricey at $14, but they have some interesting colors.  I'm curious to try out their new Rubber collection!
-Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I love Illamasqua polishes! I originally thought this would be a bit more yellow too haha, like popcorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah popcorn is the perfect description! I actually got milky ways in the mail today and it was the perfect color i was looking for!

      Delete
  2. Oh this is pretty! The name is kind of eh lol, they couldn't come up with anything else?? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right? I think it came out for valentines day too haha

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)