Monday, August 27, 2012

Glossybox August

Good Morning.  Today I have my first Glossybox to show you all!  After being kind of unhappy with the last few Julep Maven boxes, I searched around for other beauty boxes.  I decided to try out Glossybox.  There are always good and bad reviews of all these boxes so I just dove in. Glossybox provides 5 sample size high end products every month for $21.  Id have to say that the sizes weren't really sample sizes.  Just small sizes.  Id also say that I'm pretty happy with all of my products.  This months box was themed "pure luxury".  Here's what I got:





Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment:  A serum to add shine and replenish all hair types.  I was excited for this, my hair is curly and constantly dry.  Biolage products always smell amazing, too.  I'm sold.
Elllis Faas Ellis Lips:  Long lasting lip gloss.  This is a felt tip, so the color took forever to come out. Its a medium plum color.  I'm not crazy about lip gloss, so this is the one product Ill probably pass on. I'm more of a lip stain girl.
Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Purity: I was so pumped to see this!  I only have two Illamasquas. Illamasqua retail at $14, so its not a brand I buy often, but it is a brand I enjoy a lot!  This is a pale orange color, yet its some how very bright.  I can't wait to swatch this for you all!
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum: A moisturizer to even out facial lines and brighten skin.
Touch in Sol Feel Like Honey Moon Skin Base:  A moisturizer that doubles as a make up primer.  This smells amazing and has some gold flecks in it.  So, I was intrigued.  When I tried it out- my face, color wise, looked more even.  I tend to have blotchy areas around my chin on my cheeks.  However, those gold flecks are strange, some break up, some don't.  I found a full fleck on my chin later in the day ha!  I like how it made my skin look though, so Ill keep going with it.

The box also comes with their own beauty magazine.  It was fun to flip through and get some ideas. The only thing I don't like about this box, is that you cant see the products beforehand.  Its a surprise each time, which can be good or bad.  And, I've got to add, that the packaging is very cute.  The box seems really sturdy, Ill probably keep it and use it for something else! (My mother has made me and Jaclyn both notorious for saving boxes and bags?  I dont know why, but we do! Haha!  She took one look at this and said "Oh this is really nice, save this one!")  My cat was also extremely curious about this box.  He ended up putting his two front feet fully in the box before I was even done opening it.  He so silly sometimes.

You can find your own Glossybox here!
-Kelly

6 comments:

  1. wow - nice score on the illamasqua in that box - thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I may have let out a squeal when I saw it! Haha

      Delete
  2. Great box! That Illamasqua polish looks pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! :)

    visit my blog? http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)