Thursday, June 28, 2012

Random Nail: Neon Splatter Time!

I've kind of been on a splatter kick lately?  I'm not sure what it is about it.  Maybe because its easy to do, and I can incorporate my favorite colors in one mani.  Plus, it doesn't take a long time either!  When I did this mani, I was house sitting for Jaclyn and didn't have nearly as much of a stash to work with as I do at home.   Hers just isn't there yet!  Haha!  Luckily, I made a trip to Ulta that weekend and picked up a few of the Essie Neon's.  I grabbed Action and Lights.  Action doesn't look that neon in the bottle, but when I splattered it over the white it looked way more neon.  And my camera isn't picking this up either, trust, its neon!   Actually, a friend of mine also got this and hated it.  She said it looked too dull.  I'm like "girrrrl its a neon! You gotta put it over white."  Haha.  Neons are just that way!  Lights was kinda just a bright pink.  I wasn't too impressed.  It wasn't as neon as I thought it was going to be.  I have a pink that's just as bright as this one.   Although, I did just use it in a splatter mani, not a plain one.  My base in this one is Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Feathered, and the green is Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Wasabi.  I was completely sold on my Essie Blanc as my white polish before I tried Feathered.  Feathered goes on really nice and opaque, no streaking.  My Essie tends to streak. 


As usual, I just used coffee straws to do this with.  A bit of a mess, but I love the end result.

Have you all picked up any of Essie's Neons?

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)