Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Random Nail: Forgery + Stone Cold

So, I had originally planned to use China Glaze Stone Cold as an Out of the Box post.  Until I was doing a little clean up of my stash and boxes.  I was looking at Pretty and Polished Forgery, thinking what else would be cool to layer it with.  Stone Cold popped into my head.  I got Stone Cold, the last bottle, at Ulta on sale.  It was the only one from the Hunger Games collection that I had been debating and didn't get on my initial buy of the collection.  When I saw it on sale, it seemed like a sign.  I seem to get a lot of nail polish signs.  Haha!  O well, its the only commercial matte polish that I own.  I don't like to buy matte polishes because, I have Essie's Matte About You.  So, whats the point?  If I did buy matte polish, it would prolly double my collection.  That being said, it doesn't mean I don't have my eye on a couple of ManGlaze polishes!  I can't win. 

Anyway.  I was debating on what to do with my nails, and not wanting to take all day for some crazy nail art, I chose this!  When I started with Stone Cold, it was slightly bad.  The formula on it is thick and hard to control.  It takes some patience.  Some strokes would come out bumpy, but I covered it up and smoothed it over.  I only used one coat, its really all you need.  Now Forgery doenst show up all crazy on this or anything.  But it does show up!  Together, this looks like one crazy matte polish.  I love it!  Since Stone Cold has little gray/silver sparkle, Forgery adds to that.  It looks really cool in person!  I'm glad I paired these together.  I ended with a coat of Essie Matte About You. 


I got Stone Cold and Matte About You from Ulta, but Forgery came from Pretty and Polished.  You can find her stuff here.
What do you all think of this combo?  Too dull or just right?


-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)