Monday, June 18, 2012

Daring Digits Nail Art Contest

Extra post today! So the blogger and indie polish creator, Ashley, from Daring Digits is holding a nail art contest. Its been a while since I participated in anything nail art related so I decided to give this one a try!  Plus the prizes are comprised of some Daring Digits polishes, which I have been dying to try out!  The theme for the contest is Beach.  She stated on her blog that anything beach themed goes.  I picked some of my favorite parts of the beach!  The sun of course, I know its bad so lay out in the sun, but when I'm at the beach I cannot contain myself.  I like the natural warmth.  The rest of my fingers I chose to do the shoreline with some of the water crashing.  On my ring finger I added a beach umbrella and on my pinky is a crab.  As a kid we would always go crab hunting at night on the beach.  It always was a tradition we would do as kids when we did beach trips with my Dad (Happy Father's Day Dad, Love you!).  So of course I had to add one in there.  He's just a little guy, but I like him!  For the colors I used Essie Borrowed and Blue for the light blue of the sky and ocean.  For the sand I used Essie Case Study, for the umbrella I used China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy ( I thought that fit with the theme as well! Haha!).  For the crab and the orange in the sun I used Essie Vermillionaire.  For the yellow spots on the umbrella and the sun I used Zoya Pippa.  I also added some Windestine Jeweled Sand on the sand nails for some extra effect, plus I thought that was an appropriate color as well!  Overall I really liked this design.  I thought it was really cute!  Wish me luck! 


To enter the contest, check out Ashley's blog.  You'll find her polishes at her Etsy shop.
-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)