Thursday, May 24, 2012

Randoms Nails Mani + New Swatches

I am totally spoiling you girls today!  This is a Random Nail mani, plus I'm swatching TWO polishes for you!  Although they aren't official swatches, but you can get a nice sampling of the colors...

To start with the mani, I am loving this!  I left it on three full days, until I got a bad chip on my right thumb.  The colors, the mix of textures.  It just really worked.  I have this thing for mustard yellow, especially paired with grey.  I use the combo in my home decor, wardrobe, and now manis.  I got a lot of compliments on it at work, too.  Here's the nail-by-nail breakdown:

Thumbs:  two coats Barielle Aura Angora
Index and Middle Fingers:  two coats OCC Dangerous as base color, Barielle Aura Angora polka dots done with dotting tool
Ring Fingers:  two coats Barielle Aura Angora as base color, one thick coat Rainbow Honey Lunairetic
Pinkies:  two coats OCC Dangerous


Now, onto the two new colors I've got.  First off, Rainbow Honey Lunairetic.  Woah.  So much going on in this.  I'm not usually drawn to orange polishes, but this one is so cool and has diamond-shaped glitter pieces.  To list it, Lunairetic has holographic diamond-shaped glitters, different sized hex glitters in gold, magenta, purple, and holographic silver, and microfine gold and red glitters.  The base is a little thick and it separates bad.  But, I heard somewhere along the way that she's working on a new formula.  Honestly, this polish is worth grabbing, actually any of Rainbow Honey's are.  They're all pretty sweet.

Second, we have Barielle Aura Angora.  I went searching all over the place for a good mustard yellow.  I settled on this one, which is my first Barielle polish.  To be honest, when I first pulled this out of the box, I was a little disappointed.  It can pull a little peanut buttery in color.  I really was looking for something definitely yellow, just darker and mustardy.  But once I got this on, I forgot all about those reservations.  The color shifts a little depending on the light.  Sometimes mustard yellow, peanut butter, taupey-olivey-yellowy.  These pictures make this look orange-y, but I swear it doesn't ever seem orangey in real life (even with Lunairetic on top).  Whatever, it's such a good color, and I'm so glad I picked it up.  It's also one of those weird colors that actually looks good on, nonetheless (I was worried how this would look with my skintone).  I'll definitely be pulling this out in the Fall.

What do you guys think?

Anyone try have a favorite Barielle or Rainbow Honey polish?  Also, does anyone have a good mustard yellow?


-Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)