Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Rainbow Honey: The God of Destiny

Today I've got another awesome indie polish from Rainbow Honey, The God of Destiny.  This polish is really cool.  At first glance, it looks like silver holographic glitter in a black base.  Upon closer inspection, it's actually a clear base with black, silver, and holographic glitter.  There's also these cool translucent pieces that flash a bluish-purplish color.  The glitter pieces are mostly smaller with a few larger hexagon shapes throughout.  I really loved this one and had a few people comment on it at work.
These pictures show two coats over my ring finger as an accent to this mani.  A third coat would have made this perfectly opaque.  These two coats show a little nail through, but with so much contrast between the holographic silver and black glitter it wasn't noticeable to wear this out.

As a side note, I'm actually wearing Sephora by OPI Never Enough Shoes on the rest of my hands.  I like this color, but I'm actually a little disappointed by it.  I've been on the hunt for what I'm calling a "textured black".  I have a bottle of solid black, but I want something with a little something extra.  But, I don't want a full-on glitter black polish.  So I've been looking out for something with just a hint of glitter or something subtle in it.  While we were out shopping one day, my boyfriend was sweet enough to pick this up for me.  It looks like there's super tiny holographic flakies.  It's really great if you look close up at it.  But just using my hands in everyday life, it just looks like black.  I don't even really see the flakes in these pictures.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm waiting on LacAttack's Serengeti Midnight, and I'm hoping that's more what I'm looking for.


If you're interested in any Rainbow Honey polishes you can find them here.  The God of Destiny is really different and totally worth picking up!  Her shop is empty right now, but she's restocking soon!  I can't wait, I think I need Koi Pond.

-Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)