Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Polish: Fixation aka Northern Star Polish Lime Crush

Good morning!

First and foremost, I'd like to apologize.  I know I've been a little quite around these parts here.  I know we still post every weekday, so I'm not sure how many of you notice if the post of the day is written my Kelly or myself.  The past month or more has been a little taxing for me.  I am dealing with something in my personal life, work has left me completely exhausted, plus I have all the duties of a house, such as laundry, cleaning, cooking, taking care of our two spoiled animals.  When I get home in the evening, it's hard for me to have much motivation for the extra stuff.  In all honesty, it's been tough just finding time to keep a simple coat of polish on my nails regularly.

In addition, my camera sucks.  Right now I can't afford to buy a new one yet.  It's actually broken.  I dropped it once and ever since then, it's difficult to get really clear photos.  There's something wrong with the sensor or something ever since I've dropped it.  So when I take photos for the blog of stuff going on around here, I can't get a clear picture.  Then I get frustrated with it and don't want to use it for a post.  So no post gets written.  It's been an a source of annoyance.

But, I really want to get back into the regular habit of sharing with you all!  So please forgive me for the slightly blurry photos, and try to look past that at this sweet new polish I've got to share!


This is Fixation Lime Crush!  I have a weakness for greens.  I have wait too many.  But I love these limey colors.  It's actually the "accent color" in my white, silver, and black kitchen.  Anyways, back to the polish:  This is a lime green jelly base with black bar glitter, medium chartreuse hexagons, teal squares, and small coppery/pale pink glitters.  This polish is so awesome!  I don't know if my pictures do it justice, but it looks like modern art on your nails!

It's a jelly, and I don't usually like that buildable, translucentness of jelly polishes.  I know this polish would be opaque in two coats.  However, for this swatch, I actually did once coat of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Wasabi.  It was seriously the exact same color as the base and didn't affect the color of this polish at all.  Then, I did one thick coat of Lime Crush.  This is a little rough and needs a good, thick swipe of topcoat.

As a sidenote:  Fixation is in a renaming process.  She is now going by Northern Star Polish to avoid confusion with another blog out there.  Once she has things situated, she will be reopening and stocking her shop.  Go to her Etsy page to stay in the loop.

Jaclyn


PS:  Thanks for listening to me rant today.  I appreciate you all checking out our blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)