Monday, April 2, 2012

April Julep Maven Box

So, to be honest, I meant to cancel this month's box because I wasn't all that excited about it.  J canceled hers, so you'll only be seeing my box this time.  The colors seemed similar to what I already have, and I just use my Lush Lemon Flutter Cutice Butter for the bottom of my feet.  However, I forgot to cancel it in time.  Ahhhh.  That's OK though.  I'm always down to give my extra/dupe/unused polishes away.  I work with all girls and they turn into vultures when I bring a bag of polishes in!  It's pretty funny actually.  The last time I brought some in, I didn't even get a hello it was "Whats in the bag????" Like they didn't already know!!  Plus J always welcomes them too!


So this months box was kinda cute.  They put it together with a little crinkled paper to look like Easter grass and added chocolate eggs!  Thanks Julep!  This box was fitted with the usual two polishes and a beauty product, a pedicure cream.  The two polishes I got were Molly and Alyson.  Molly is very similar to OPI's Vodka and Caviar, while Alyson is similar to Essie's Sand Tropez or Playa Del Platinum.  I think that if the indie/ Etsy polish brands can come up with unique polishes, the corporate brands should get on it too!  No?  I plan on doing dupes of these since they literally look identical.  Just give me time!  The pedicure cream called The Best Pedi Creme Ever!, is not the best ever.  While it smells great, cucumber and mint I think, I prefer my Lush.  It left my feet feeling a bit oily and weird.  I can't describe it.  I'll set it aside and try it some more to get the full effect of it.  Sometimes with those types of creams, they benefit more in the long run.  Like once you use them consistently, you see results.  It does say on the back of the tube "Expect noticeable results in just 1-2 uses."  So I'll try not to judge by my first impression.  It also came with those toe separaters to use when painting your toes.  I wish I had known this, I literally bought a set a few weeks ago at Ulta for like a $1.  Oh well, a welcomed bonus nonetheless!



Also for this month's box you were able to get the other spring colors added for just 4.99.  Since their polishes range around $15 dollars this is a nice deal.  However since I forgot all about this box, I didn't take advantage of it.  Hopefully they do this for future months!

If your interested in becoming a Maven - Use this link.  It can earn me a free month if just 2 people use it!  Thanks!

Essie Sand Tropez
Julep Alyson
Essie Playa del Platinum
OPI Vodka and Caviar
Julep Molly







I added some side by side bottle comparisons.  Pretty close.

-K
P.s.-  I used the nail file from March's Box and it's probably one of the best non-glass files I've used.  I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)