Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Nails

Happy Monday.  Hope you all had a great weekend!  St. Patrick's Day was a lot of fun on our side.  The weather was absolutely beautiful for March in Ohio.  We couldn't ask for anything better!  On with the nails!


J's Nails

For my St. Patrick's Day nails, I went a little crazy.  I had a bunch of ideas that I wanted to do, so I decided to do them all!  St. Patrick's Day skittles, I guess.  This is what I did:


Thumbs and ring fingers:  I started with a base of two coats of Butter London The Full Monty with one coat of Lynnderella Funny Money on top.

Index fingers:  This is two coats of Essie Going Incognito as the base.  Then I used a dotting tool and did a full-nail pattern of mini shamrocks using Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Feathered.

Middle fingers:  I had to represent Northern Ireland too!  So this one has two coats of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Wasabi with a large shamrock dotted on with Essie Orange, It's Obvious!.

Pinky fingers:  I did the base on this one with two coats of Dollish Polish Why'd It Have To Be Snakes and finished it off with a skinny stripe of Butter London The Fully Monty. 

I hope you like them.  It's a little all over the place, but for the holiday, it was a lot of fun to wear!



K's Nails


For my St. Patrick's Day nails, I wanted to do something similar to the hearts I did on Valentine's Day.  However, my shamrocks were coming out all wrong.  I ended up just doing the one shamrock on each nail scattered with the gold dots around it.  My base was Essie Blanc and the green I used was Essie Pretty Edgy.  For the gold dots, I used China Glaze Ultamate Holiday which is a really pretty (and hungry!) holographic gold microglitter polish.  I believe this one was a special polished only released by Ulta stores during the Christmas holiday.  When I wore this by itself, it was super pretty and opaque, so it worked good for the tiny dots.  On my accent finger, I used Orly Here Comes Trouble.  I had been dying to use the Orly for something like this.  It's a gorgeous green glitter!  Opaque with two coats.  To do the shamrocks, I just used the smallest dotting tool I had.  The shamrocks were not as easy to do as I thought they would be.  They kept coming out all pointy, making them look more like stars than anything.  I got a lot of compliments on them, which of course means- Good manicure!

I hope all of you had a safe and festive holiday as I did!  I spent my night surrounded by my best friends and my boyfriend and all of his best friends.  It was a great night, one for the books.  One of my good friends is actually moving to L.A. soon and I really cherish nights like that when were all together and carefree.  You don't really realize how much you enjoy them until they become limited.  I will miss her and love her all the same though, and these good times will not be our last, I know it!  Sorry to get all mushy on you guys, haha!

Sorry about my dry cuticles. :(

Did you guys do your nails themed for the holiday?  How'd they come out?  What'd you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)