Friday, March 9, 2012

Random Nails

Happy Friday everyone!

For the weekend, we are leaving you with some nail art that is simple, yet has a great effect.  Enjoy!

So, I got a little bored the other night and decided to do some nail art.  I had high hopes for my manicure.  I was seeing beautifully done designs and bright colors to really catch the eye.  I got FAIL FAIL FAIL.  Everything I did was like a mess.  I redid them about three times.  FAIL.  So sad.  Until I decided on this.  I loovveee the color combo.  I used Essie Smokin' Hot and Orly Frisky with my white striper.  I had done this design before with a simple black, white and pink.


I also used a coat of Seche Vite, which I feel looks so blah in these photos?  No shine?  Weird, they weren't even that shiny in person.  I have an Essie top coat that I really love but, when I want my nails to be dry right then, I opt for the Seche Vite.  I don't like the smell of Seche Vite or the fact that it can cause birth defects.  However nothing dries like it.  Hey nail companies, can we get a chemical free super fast dry top coat?  One that will dry the actual polish underneath too?  Ok thanks.  Anywho, even though this isn't a brand new design or anything, I'm obsessed.

-K

Let us know if you try this one out and what colors you used! :)

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. omg i love these nails i'm gonna try this tonight and link u to it i love it!! i just have to figure what colors to use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We can't wait to see how yours come out! :)

      Delete
  2. You should try out Cult Nails Wicked Fast. I've had a great experience with it and it doesn't have toulene like SV. Absolutely love this mani, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been DYING to try cult nails, I just can't pick a color. Ill have to get that top coat and make it an incentive to get a color too!...Thanks I actually got a lot of compliments on this too, it must be a crowd favorite hah!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)