Monday, March 5, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 8 Metallic

It's day 8... Metallic!

K's Nails

Soooo there's about three days in this challenge that I'm really not feeling.  Metallic is one of them.  Normally, I really like metallic polishes.  I certainly have enough in my collection.  But not this time.  I'm sorry about the boring nails.  I used Essie Playa del Platinum and Steel-ing the Scene.  The other day I became commited to finding 3 polishes:  A good putty gray, a good nude, and a nice tan (light brown?).  I came to settle on Essie Playa del Platinim, Zoya Helen, and Essie Case Study.  Hopefully they satisfy.  Well, I used Steel-ing the Scene on my accent finger.  Like I said, I just wasn't feeling it.




J's Nails

For this challenge, I just wasn't really feeling it either.  Even though K likes her metallics, I'm not really a huge fan.  I purchased the Butter London Heavy Metal Trio to have silver, gold, and bronze as basics for different nail designs and such.  But other than that I never pick out metallics.  Give me my cremes!  I just love 'em!  Then when we signed up for the Julep Maven boxes, I got a metallic sea-shelly pink in my introductory box, and K gave me her brownish metallic she got in hers.  So I have actually accumulated a small collection of metallics and I thought "great, I'll have some to do this challenge with".  But, truth be told, I just wasn't pumped about this one.  Then I came up with the idea to try out the fish scales look I've seen around.  I thought "Perfect!  Metallic is the perfect challenge day to test out some shimmery, shiny fish scales!  This is gonna look so cool!"  I mean the colors in their bottles even looked good together!  This is (clockwise from left) Julep Heather, Butter London The Full Monty, Butter London Diamond Geezer, Julep Maya, and Butter London The Old Bill.

Then, this made it to my nails.  And I hated it!  Seriously.  I didn't have time to take this off and even repaint a solid color for work.  So I had to leave this on a full day.  Does that bother anyone else?  Like when I'm not satisfied with a mani but don't have time to do anything else, it just stares at me all day, taunting me!  Ugh! .... Well, anyways, my first problem is my dots are more just touching or close to each other, rather than overlapping like scales.  Second, all the colors just look muddled together on the nail.  They just don't look as distinct as they did in their bottles.  Even though I don't care for metallics generally, I actually kinda liked Julep Heather.  It looked more taupey-brown in the bottle, but on the nail it dries to a lighter champagne-pewter color.  I preferred the darker shade in the bottle, but because this was nice and neutral I could definitely see myself wearing this alone another time.


Sorry this challenge was so disappointing from the two of us!  Sometimes you're just not feeling it, ya know?

Anyone else do this challenge?  How did your metallic nails come out?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a few days behind you on the challenge. I generally don't do metallic, but I've found I've been using Zoya Trixie A LOT. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good silver though. I wanted it but I have china glaze icicle and its a little too similar for me. -K

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)