Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Random Nails: Essie, Butter London, and an Outline

Hey!

So today, I wanted to test out something I've been seeing around the internet:  outlined (or framed) nails.  At first, I thought this look was a little weird.  But the more I saw it the more I liked it and decided to give it a try.

I started with Essie Playa del Platinum.  Then I added Butter London Tart with a Heart to my ring finger for an accent nail.  I seriously looove Tart with a Heart.  Usually, I'm not much one for gold, but seriously I look for ways to work this one in.  I love it, so it's my accent nail.  It might be too much going on with the outline.  Tough.  Deal with it. ....Anyways, I know lately I've been saying how much I'm craving dark colors still because I still feel like it's winter and how I operate seasonally, and all that.  Well, today I put these polishes on and loved it soo much.  I don't know if it was the rare bit of sunshine we got today or what.  But suddenly, I felt like maybe I'm ready to start working in a few pale colors and nudes here and there.



Then I decided on Essie Bobbing for Baubles to do the outline.  I thought the deep navy would look nice paired with the nude-putty color of Playa del Platinum.  I used a thin craft brush to do the outline.  Such a thin line of the navy makes it seem more like black in the pictures, but in real life it looks more like navy.  Also, I know my lines aren't absolutely perfect, but I'm getting a weird glare on my nails that make the lines look way more wavy than they actually are in person.  Although my camera may not be the best, I definitely need to work on my photography skills.  Maybe I need to get the lighting right and things will look better.  I'll work on it for you!

Overall, I didn't really care for this look on me.  Originally, I saw some pictures of this that intrigued me, so I thought I'd experiment with it.  But, once I had this on, it just seemed wrong, at least on me.  Maybe my lines are too thick,  I don't know.  Basically, tonight I had fun experimenting, but I probably won't be doing this again anytime soon.  ...Though, I've been checking out the Fuck Yeah Nail Art Tumblr for inspiration.  I've gotten some ideas for other manis I want to try out too.  So stick around for those coming up.

Has anyone been trying new looks out?  How have they turned out for you?  Anyone else totally weird about matching stuff to their mood/how you're feeling/season?....Or am I just crazy with that one? ;)

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)