Friday, February 24, 2012

Check It Out!: Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

So the other day, K and I took a trip to our local Ulta.  K is at some fancy-schmancy level ( LEVEL 7 GET AT ME!-K)  on her Ulta reward card and wanted to look at what she could cash in for.  I was looking to pick up a couple Essie polishes that I was wanting.  Unfortunately, our Ulta hasn't been too diligent with restocking their selections of Essie, OPI, and China Glaze.  I don't know what the deal is, but the racks are half sold out and have been for awhile.  So I didn't have any luck with that.  I'll have to search out the colors online.

However, while we were browsing, we wandered over to their sale/clearance section.  We found a bunch of Burt's Bees products there.  I was excited because I love their lip balm and the few other products I've tried.  We've already covered how I'm kind of a hippy about the products I use.  I vaguely remember hearing that Burt's Bees was bought out so they don't operate as "greenly" as they used too.  But they still make all natural products that aren't tested on animals.  So I'll still purchase their stuff from time to time.  
While perusing the selection of discounted stuff, I spotted their Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme.  I must be on some sort of creme kick lately.  But at half off, I had to splurge!  

This stuff seriously smells divine!  I love that almond scent.  The creme itself is super moisturizing.  It leaves a slight sheen on my skin.  I don't know if you'd consider that good or bad, but I didn't mind it.  This creme was so rich and it made my skin feel silky for hours.  This would be great for those rough spots like feet/heels, knees, hands, etc.   

I might try to talk my boyfriend into letting me use this on him.  He's got a case of Man-Hands going on!

Anybody else get some good buys lately?  Has anyone else out there tried this product?

-J

2 comments:

  1. I don't tend to use hand creme, but I use Burt's Bees Lemon Butter for my cuticles. I LOVE the stuff. Though if you're more into making sure it's all natural then my close second is the Badger cuticle stuff. (Plus the badger on the tin is adorable hahaha)

    My Ulta isn't so great at stocking their nail stuff all the time either, so if I'm looking for a specific color I ask. They can at least check their stock to see if they're supposed to have something. I'm usually just browsing with nothing in mind though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Treesponge! I've heard that Burt's Bees Lemon Butter is pretty great. K and I both use Lush's Lemony Flutter Butter for our cuticles right now. I love it, but I'm always up for trying out new stuff! Once this is gone, I might have to check out the Burt's Bees one. I've seen that Badger stuff out there and thought he was cute too! I've never tried any of their products though, so I've got no experience there. Another brand I'll have to try! :)

      Thanks for the tip for Ulta! I'm definitely gonna have to ask next time I'm there. Even if they still don't have something, it's definitely worth it to simply ask first.

      -J

      Delete

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)